Yoga in itself is a magical experience. The way the physical self is used to connect with mind and soul is just amazing. However, it true essence can be felt only when one starts gaining in depth knowledge about the various facets of Yoga. Probably the best way to do it is through books. Here is a curated list of best 10 books that will surely impact your practice of Yoga.
1. Yoga Sutras of Patanjali by Swami Satchidananda
A compilation of all the philosophies as have been known from a source Patanjali is what this book is all about.
2. Yoga Anatomy by Leslie Kaminoff and Amy Matthews
A great book, which actually illustrates the various poses, highlighting the muscles that are being used in every pose and how exactly, each asana is taken up by the body.
3. Poser: My Life in 23 Poses by Claire Dederer
A great book that will walk you through the various poses of Yoga, as one transverse through life.
4. Enlightenment for Idiots by Anne Cushman
Well, as the name suggests, this is the ABC of Yoga, which portrays western perspective of Yoga too.
5. Healing Mantras by Thomas Ashley-Farrand
The book illustrates the importance of chanting mantras such as Om which having the power of healing.
6. Journey Into Power by Baron Baptiste
Physical asana of Yoga truly depict the apt way as to how, one can power the difficulties of life.
7. The Heart of Yoga: Developing a Personal Practice by T.K.V. Desikachara
A great book to start Yoga practice right at home while understanding how Yoga kick-started as a tradition.
8. The Amazing Secrets of The Yogi by Charles F. Haanel
The secrets in this book enfold how through breathing one can connect with self and gain spirituality.
9. The Seven Spiritual Laws of Yoga by Deepak Chopra
A very light edition wherein the basic Yoga features such as breathing techniques, yoga asanas, and the meditation tips are included in a very easy manner. A must read!
10. Light on Yoga by B.K.S. Iyengar
The book gives a deep understanding of each pose and helps to unravel Yoga in its true form.